News and Upcoming Events:
- 2018 BARC Scholarship Form
- Attention BARCers of all paces and ages! We're going streaking!
Become a "BARC Spring 2018 Streaker"
Run at least 3 HARRA Spring Series races.
*Must be an active BARC and HARRA member*
Receive a limited edition BARC Streaker singlet.
Run 4 or all 5 HARRA Spring Series races (Super Streaker)
Receive the limited edition singlet
Plus your name will be placed in a raffle for a bonus prize.
Help BARC to reclaim the title of HARRA Series Champion! Registration prices go up on the first of each month, so don't delay! Keep an eye out for the next eBARCer for more info.
Register for the Spring Series races continuing with the Bellaire Trolley Run on April 14, the LP Run on April 28, and the Bayou Bash Relay on May 12 (see below)!
- The link for the annual 'Bayou Bash Relay' is now updated on the BARC Portal under 'HARRA Relay'. This is the final race of the 'HARRA SPRING SERIES', and is FREE to you! BARC picks up the tab on this one!! The race is held at T.C. Jester Park on SATURDAY, MAY 12th @ 4pm, and is followed by a fabulous picnic! To sign up to go the BARC website, Login, click the 'HARRA Relay' tab. it will ask for your name and pace per mile time. This is a 2.2 mile race. Enter your usual mile pace for 5K. You will be put onto a team closer to the event. YOUR PARTICIPATION ASSISTS THE CLUB by earning points towards the HARRA club competition. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE FAST. The MOST important thing is to SHOW UP, & HAVE FUN, & RUN! (or walk).
Don't miss this fun event. SIGN UP TODAY!!
- Sign up for the inaugural Blessing of the Feet 5K in Kemah on April 29th - this is a BARC-supported event, so we also need volunteers! Contact Brandon Weaver if interested.
- There are always opportunties to help out at upcoming races! Contact Brandon Weaver if you'd like more details.
- Check out HARRA's race results page to find all recent results in the Houston area.
- HARRA's individual, club & team competition results are updated throughout the season. BARC took the overall club and team competition for four consecutive seasons (2014-2015), so come help us get back to the top in Fall 2016 - Spring 2017!
BARC is a HARRA and RRCA affiliated club. When joining HARRA, don't forget to designate BARC as your running club!
Got Athlinks? Athlinks probably has you. This website consolidates athlete's race times automatically. Check it out and if you become a free member, join many of us in the BARC group.